Our brain is one of the most important organs in our body. It helps us to think, reason, remember, and learn new things. Our brain and its superior functioning are different from animals and other creation.
Below are some interesting facts about our brain that some of us don’t know.
• The human brain weighs 3 pounds and it heavier than it looks.
• Human brain has the capacity to generate approximately 23 watts of power, which can power a small bulb when awake. Wow is that not interesting?
• The brain is capable of surviving for 5 to 6 minutes only if it doesn’t get oxygen after which it dies. That is why you hear the doctor say a person is not brain dead.
• As we grow older, we are unable to remember new things. According to the researchers in the US it is because the brain is unable to filter and remove old memories which prevent it from absorbing new ideas.
• Multitasking is impossible. When we think we are multitasking, we are only going back and forth between different tasks, rather than doing them at the same time.
• About 75% of the human brain is made up of water. This means dehydration as small as 2%, can have a negative effect on the brain function.
• It is a myth that we only use 10% of your brain, we actually use all of it. We’re even using more than 10% as we sleep.
• The brain can’t feel pain.
• The part of the brain that is responsible for vision, the occipital lobes, is located at the back. This is why if you get banged at the back of your head, you see stars.
• The human brain can store a total of 2,500,000 gigabytes of information.
• The brain is made up of 100 billion neurons.